Sunday, July 19, 2009

From Texas Prairies to the New Jersey Skyline

This week I am attending the Michelson ExxonMobil Teachers Academy in Jersey City, New Jersey. We will be attending classes at the Liberty Science Center. According to Phil Mickelson, our benefactor, "The Academy is an opportunity for teachers to share best practices with colleagues and pick up tools to positively impact the science and math education students receive."

Right now I am sitting in a beautiful room at the Hyatt overlooking the Hudson River with a view of NYC. This is quite a difference from the flat lands of Texas or even the woodlands of Virginia. As the week progresses, I plan to share my reflections about what I'm learning. It's going to be an exciting week sharing knowledge with teachers from all over the United States. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: